Steven S. Siegel
Steve was born and raised in Aberdeen, South Dakota. He graduated from the University of South Dakota in 1993, then attended law school at the University of South Dakota and graduated in 2000. While in law school, Steve was a member of the Moot Court Board and Trial Team. During his second year of law school, Steve and his partners advanced to the final round of the New York Bar Association Moot Court Tournament in New York City.
Following his graduation from law school, Steve joined the law firm of Lynn, Jackson, Shultz & Lebrun, P.C. in Sioux Falls. Steve became a partner in the firm in 2005. In January of 2011, Steve joined the Johnson, Heidepriem law firm as a partner before helping found Heidepriem, Purtell and Siegel LLP in 2015.
Steve is a certified National Football League contract advisor and served as President of the South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association.
Steve is listed in the Best Lawyers in America in the areas of medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. He was also named a Great Plains "Super Lawyer" 2011 - 2016 and a "Litigation Star" by Chambers USA. In 2011, Steve received the Toast of the Trial Lawyers Award which is an award given annually by the South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association to those attorneys who merit special recognition for their work.
Steve and his wife, Micah, have three children - Sydney, Sam, and Sophie.
Steve's e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Steve can also be reached by calling the law firm directly.
Areas of practice
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Workers' Compensation
- Product Liability
- Sports Law
- Insurance Law
- Steve is a certified National Football League Players Association contract advisor
- During the 2011 legislative session, Steve was the lobbyist for the South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association at the State Capitol in Pierre
Steve Siegel has earned the following recognition:
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in America in the area of medical malpractice litigation.
- Named a Great Plains "Super Lawyer" 2011 - 2016.
- Named a "Litigation Star" by Chambers USA.
- Received the 2011 Toast of the Trial Lawyers Award which is an award given annually by the South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association to those attorneys who merit special recognition for their work.